When dealing with mold its best to let a trained certified expert that understands how to safely remove and remediate it. The goal is to remove - not just cover it up.
Mold spores are tiny and exceptionally light. Because of this they easily can become airborne. Once airborne, mold spores are easily inhaled by anyone in the vicinity. It is not healthy to inhale any type of mold spores, but some types of mold produce toxins, known as mycotoxins, that frequently cause a variety of health problems.
Not everyone that is exposed to mold develops mold-related illness, and some people are much more susceptible than others. Oftentimes the elderly as well as young children, those with respiratory problems like asthma, and those with immune related disorders are much more prone to feel the effects of mold exposure. Even healthy young adults are at risk for mold related illness. Your pets can also get sick from mold in the home.
Symptoms of mold related illness are wide-ranging and include: